Key benefits of HTML5:
- The benefits of HTML5 with support technologies like CSS3 and HTML5 empower web and mobile solutions results in better user experience, performance and time.
- Additional tags that supports multimedia functions such as playing video, animations, drawings, music files without add-ons or browser plug-ins.
HTML5 based apps are web apps, it allows the user smoothness to install the same app across multiple device platforms and app stores.
- HTML5 support for offline cache and offline database for building browser-based applications.
- Geo-location supports and New HTML5 API(Application Programming Interfaces).
- HTML5 supports both HTML and XHTML-style syntax and other new features in its markup, New APIs, XHTML and error handling.
Hypertext Markup Language revision 5 (HTML5) is a markup language used for the structure and presentation of World Wide Web content and development. The most interesting new HTML5 elements are:
- New semantic elements like header, footer, article, and section.
- New form attributes elements like number, date, time, calendar, and range.
- New graphic elements: svg and canvas.
- New multimedia elements: audio and video.
The most interesting new APIs in HTML5 are:
- HTML Geolocation
- HTML Drag and Drop
- HTML Local Storage
- HTML Application Cache
- HTML Web Workers
- HTML SSE.